Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August "Budget"

Since I shop almost exclusively secondhand, I never spend much on any one item/shopping trip, and I'm sure I don't spend much over the course of any month. Since I'm already frugal AF, I've never recorded my monthly spending, but seeing the monthly Bugeting Blogger posts has encouraged me to follow suit, and see where I stack up.

This month went by pretty fast, without much shopping at all.
Nine West Nude Wedges | $8 | Value Village
3 Bracelet set | $2.50 | Our World Boutique via SassySteals

I also ordered a second bracelet set in brown, but the package arrived with just the green, and no note or explanation. I got a one line email a few days later, which said they had "oversold by one". Seriously? :(
A little personalization would have gone a long way.

Grand Total for August: $10.50

I didn't post my July summary, so I'm including it here as a little comparison:
(sorry no photos... which is why I didn't post in July!)
Black Merona Pencil Skirt | $2 | Value Village
Slate J Crew Shorts | $4 | Value Village
28 items for $14.80 | Goodwill outlet (post)
Yellow Forever 21 Skirt | $4 | Garage Sale
25 items for $13.75 | Goodwill outlet
Jewelry Grab Bag (necklace, bracelet, ring) | $7 | Apple of My Eye
All Who Wander Glasses | Rivet&Sway | $99


July Total: $144.55 ($45.55 if glasses don't count!)

Linking up with Franish for Budgeting Bloggers

4 comments:

  1. So...
    1) $8 for nude Nine West wedges? Nicely done!!
    2) Thanks so much for asking that question on my blog post today. I responded to you in the feed since I'm sure that you weren't the only one who was like, "huh?!" lol! Anyway, I hope my explanation makes sense and I really do appreciate you asking. I definitely should have said something in the post...

    Thanks Emily!
    xo - Marion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marion, thank you so much for stopping by and personally responding to my comment; you are so thoughtful!
      Your answer makes total sense- definitely modernizing office wear, and you're right that situation is key! Thanks again :)

      Delete
  2. I love those wedges, and that's an amazing deal! Maybe someday I'll be able to spend this little during a two month period :) Great job!

    Kaitlin
    www.teaandsequins.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those wedges! I shop mostly secondhand too, but it's still fun to keep track! :-)

    ReplyDelete