Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Documented Goodwill Outlet Haul #1


The Goodwill outlet store is my biggest weakness. For anyone unfortunate enough to have never seen one, its a warehouse with large bins of clothing, shoes, household stuff, etc, and everything is priced by weight. It takes quite a bit of patience to sort through the heaps, which are not organized in any way. But this is half the fun - the ultimate treasure hunt, and any visit can be completely hit or miss.

On my most recent trip, the majority of the bins were filled with household junk, toys, etc, and the few clothing bins were fresh and swarming with people. This is usually a sign of a "miss" trip, however it wasn't long before my bag was overflowing.

The one downside is that they never seem to have enough carts, forcing you to carry your findings along as you go, arms weighed down or feet protectively guarding the lot. Or, lurk at the check out area until you can swipe a cart. I usually just stop when I cant carry my stuff anymore. My one element of self control!

This trip, I scored 2 coats, 5 dresses, 10 tops, 6 bottoms, 3 belts, a cardigan and a vest.

My grand total? Just $14.80! The same amount that many would consider a bargain for one top!



I even managed to acquire some pieces from my "want" list, including a military type olive jacket (as I've been coveting every other bloggers'), a thicker neutral waist belt, as well as several patterned tops and dresses. Even though it is ridiculously inexpensive to shop at the outlet, I'm trying to make wiser purchases and only get items that fill a hole in my wardrobe.

2 comments:

  1. OMG that houndstooth piece - is that an H&M dress? Is it THIS H&M dress: http://www.workclothesisuppose.com/2012/08/its-round-two-with-houndstooth-dress.html ?!?!?! Looks like it! I'm wearing it today - one of my favorite dresses EVER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bri!!
      Damn you've got a good eye, and that's super funny that you happen to be wearing it right now! SWEET, now I know where to go for inspo :)
      But it's a few sizes too big, so right now it's in the "alterations needed" pile.

      Delete