Thursday, August 15, 2013

Geometric

I wasn't even thinking about this month's Third Thursday Threads geometric print theme when I grabbed this shirt, which is awesome because when Bri announced the theme I could only think of one item- a dress I'd already featured here. (Since I have such a blog archive....)

The first version is a more typical outfit for me, and is how I initially wore this top to work. The second version is similar in structure, but steps slightly outside my standard method of allowing one piece to be the main focal item, by pairing the patterned top with colored pants.


I typically take outfit photos in the evening when I get home, but I wanted to get a few photos in before these curls went away.  I tried to snap a few during work, in a shady area that doesn't get much traffic. (Also known as by the dumpsters). Well, turns out this area gets more traffic that I expected - several people passed by giving me weird looks as I fiddled with something (my phone/camera) next to a trash bin. Ugh. I'm almost ready to give up on this blogging thing until I (a) get a real camera, (b) get someone to take pics, and maybe (c) get internet at home.

Top: Forever21 | Goodwill by the lb
Jeans: Old Navy | Goodwill | $2
Flats: from Israel | 10 ($3)
Bracelet: Estate Sale | $2
Glasses: Rivet&Sway | $99


Jeans: H&M | Buffalo Exchange, $5
Wedges: Nine West | Value Village, $8
Bracelet: self made
Watch: MobStub deal, $17

The pattern of this top keeps an outfit interesting enough without jewelry, but I think a long pendant necklace in a contrasting color would help complete both of these versions. Since I dont have one that would fit the bill, this is something to add to my want list.

1 comment:

  1. This is such a cute top, and I really love it with those colored pants! I still get weirded out when people see me taking pics...brave girl, you are ;)

    ReplyDelete