Friday, August 9, 2013

casual

I'm kind of terrible at this whole consistency thing. A lot of it has to do with my lack of internet at home, but that's like the "dog ate my homework" of blogging.

Here's an update on the high-waisted jeans I posted about last week: I actually really like them.

Yes, the high rise is still unflattering, but as long as I don't tuck my shirt in like a 90's mom, you can't tell the difference. And what this rise really has going for it is the prevention/elimination of exposed back, butt crack, or underwear. A big plus!

I wore these to work last week, paired with a bright button-up top to offset the casual-ness of the distressed rips. Even though I don't think anyone cares what I wear, I do try to keep some degree of professionalism, even if it's minimal. Though the jeans have rips, the dark wash and perfect skinny fit makes them still appropriate enough for a casual, artsy workplace.




Top: Ann Taylor | Goodwill | $3-4
Jeans: H&M | Goodwill by the pound
Shoes: Dexter | Goodwill | $3-4
Bracelet: Estate Sale | $2


Actually, this outfit is still dressy for my office! Graphic tees and jeans are the norm, and today being casual Friday and all, I got tired of wearing skirts all week. I'm currently wearing an oktoberfest tee, lighter wash jeans, and Toms. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment