Wednesday, June 19, 2013

New Beginning?

I was introduced to thrifting at a young age, and I am thankful for this - and all of my family's dollar-conscious values. I recall spending summer weekends garage sale hopping, my fanny pack full of my own coins, as well as sifting through the bins at the (once) 99 cents-a-pound Goodwill. Though my sister and I both partook in these activities with our mom, we have since fallen into opposite ends of the spectrum; she loves high-end brands and will fork over a pretty penny for a purse, while some of my favorite clothing items came from free piles.

More than just a money saving strategy, thrifting/ treasure hunting is a true hobby of mine. However, coupled with my inability to get rid of anything, this favorite activity has resulted in multiple dressers, closets, and households full of clothing.

I am a twenty-something girl, born and raised in the Pacific Northwest, where I remain. I work for a small company in the arts, where our office environment and dress code is casual. Though I can wear just about anything to work, and I have more clothing that any ten normal people, I still struggle to find things to wear each morning and fall back on the same go-to outfits.


This blog is a multifunction attempt to pare down my wardrobe, expand my style, record my amazing finds, and organize it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment