Monday, June 24, 2013

Dolman Tops

I've recently read both rants and raves from other bloggers on the dolman top, and while I don't have any strong feelings in either direction on this style of shirt itself, I do have a problem with styling these.

As someone who wears cardigans nearly every day, I find it very difficult to layer these shirts. They are great by themselves, but in Seattle you can really only wear shirts by themselves 2-3 months of the year. But then, working indoors often calls for a sweater or light jacket even in the summertime. 

Dolman shirts have extra fabric that drapes from the upper beginning of the sleeve to its loose torso section. Unless your sweater/jacket is also a drapey style, or it is an oversized menswear piece, this extra fabric is going to bunch in your armpits. So to avoid this, I reached for a drape sweater (not sure what this is called?) but now I'm wearing two unstructured, loose layers and that doesn't look right either.




top: Goodwill by the pound
sweater: Goodwill by the pound
jeans: PRVCY - gifted














Apologies for the terrible photos. I have never been good at taking pictures, and I have no idea where my actual camera is. (The result of moving 5 times in 1.5 years) So I'm working with the camera on my phone. Then to make things worse there's the bad lighting, trying to rig it up sans tripod, and use the self timer. Struggles.

Stay tuned for the evolution of photography.


No comments:

Post a Comment