Saturday, October 26, 2013

Furniture, Part II

Several weekends ago, I was perusing the free page on Craigslist, and came across a large cat tower that was up for grabs just 2-3 blocks up from my place. I went over there, and sure enough it had not yet been taken.

The thing was much larger and heavier than I had imagined, and I hadn't brought my furniture dolly. I started to carry it back myself, and the first block and a half was okay, but then I got super tired. I didn't want to put it down and risk someone else coming along and snatching it, so I continued to inch further home. Finally, about half a block from home, I gave in and went for the dolly. And that last portion was like pushing a stroller.

Again, great choices.

But, after a tiresome ordeal, I brought home Chester's new playscape and am happy to say he loves it!



He joyfully utilizes all of its surfaces, including the scratching post areas, which seem to have finally replaced my mattress as his preferred scratching surface. He also likes and uses this a hell of a lot more than the $20 cat hideaway/scratching post that I bought him earlier in the summer.

According to the ad, this was $300 new - and it's in great condition. He doesn't even notice (or at least he isn't bothered by) previous cat smells either.Win!

No comments:

Post a Comment